Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It's over already?

Ok don't get me wrong, I love Christmas...but here it is December 26th and life has to go back to normal. How depressing is that? Oh well. Only 365 more days til next Christmas (2008 is a leap year)!


We did have an excellent Christmas, though. We had the Thompson cousins come over Sunday evening and exchange presents. We had a great time and got lots of fun stuff. Then Monday night they had the annual Thompson Christmas Eve party. Sadly not many people were able to make it because of the storm. I don't blame them for not coming. Anyway, we had good food and some good laughs. After everyone left, we let Jaydin open her Christmas PJs and got her into bed (at 10:00!). Then Brady and I watched A Christmas Story while Santa put together Jaydin's presents. I think we finally got to bed around midnight, but I didn't sleep because I was so excited! I felt like such a kid. I woke up at about 6 and waited for Jaydin to wake up. When she finally woke up at 7, I woke Brady up and he went to get her while I got the video camera ready. She came in and immediately saw that Santa left a little Minnie Mouse figurine with her stocking. Then she noticed the drums and started playing them. She really got into it. When we got around to unwrapping the presents she tore into them, threw the present aside and went to the next one. She had about 2 more books to open and lost interest and started playing with all her toys so Brady finished unwrapping those and we opened our presents. Then we went upstairs to wake Nana and Papa up and watched them open their presents. Then we got ready and went to my parent's house for their annual Christmas brunch (Yummy!) and opened more presents there too. We stayed and played for a few hours, then came back here. When we got back, all of Brady's siblings were here (again) eating (again). Then everyone finally left and we went to bed. It was a long day, but we had tons of fun. Sadly, I didn't get very many good pictures mostly because I was having too much fun to remember the get the camera out.


Here's Jaydin jamming on her drums.
















This shirt is so true.















Here's everything. Notice my Prada purse. I like. Thank you Jen for picking it up in Mexico for Brady to give me! :)















Jaydin opening her dancing Mickey















The kids opening presents
















I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too! I guess I have to go clean up now and find a place for everything. Wish me luck.

No comments: