Dear Easton, next time you decide to get an ear infection could you please develop a fever or shout to your mother "HEY MOM, MY EAR HURTS!"
Mother of the Year award goes to me.
I took this poor kid in for his 6 month check up today. As his awesome doctor was checking him over she says: "Has he been sick recently?"
My answer: "No, but he's been teething for like a month and has been unusually cranky."
Dr: "No fevers or colds?"
Me, stupidly: "No, my other kid was sick, but not this one."
Dr.: "I ask because it looks like his right ear has been infected and there's still quite a bit of gunk in there."
Seriously? THAT'S why he's been so cranky for the last month? Hm, no wonder the Orajel didn't seem to work as well.....because his EAR hurt, NOT HIS TEETH! Stupid, stupid, sleep deprived mother. In my defense, he has been soaking at least 2 or 3 bibs daily with drool and his gums are quite swollen on the bottom. He's never in his life had a cold (knock on wood) or a fever so I had really no reason to suspect an ear infection aside from his crabbiness, right? (Please validate me haha)
So anyway, along with me feeling great about my stellar parenting, he got 3 shots. Luckily, he barely cried and didn't seem to be bothered for most of the day.
His 6 month stats are as follows:
Weight: 18.7 lbs (73rd percentile)
Height: 27.25 inches (79th percentile)
Head: 18.3 inches (98th percentile)
So basically he's gonna be a football player.
As you can see from the picture above, he has started sitting by himself. He got up on his hands and knees a couple times the other day. I'm not ready for him to crawl yet. Is it bad to discourage your child from crawling? He loves to talk. He says baba and dada constantly. He also makes truck noises. Funny how boys are just born knowing what trucks sound like. Especially since, up until Christmas, the only toys he ever got to play with were dolls. He recently found out that it's hilarious to blow raspberries when he eats, which is totally fun for me. He does love food though. Aside from the plain rice cereal, he has loved every new food he's tried. He has really started to like playing with Jaydin and has even tolerated wearing a flower headband or two. He LOVES it when she reads to him. I walked into the room today and she was sitting next to him "reading" one of his books he got for Christmas. He was just looking up at her with a huge grin on his face. I just love those two. :)
I have tons of pictures of Christmas celebrations to post so those are coming eventually. I know you can hardly wait, but you'll have to.

4 comments:
LOL, you crack me up!! You are not at all a terrible mother, there is no reason for you to have thought that he was sick with no real symptoms. Chloe is the same way she didn't seem sick at all, no cold no fever and she is old enough to talk and never said anything, but she had one as well. So consider yourself validated! :)
Don't feel too bad. EmmaLee never got a fever with any of her ear infections. I always found out she had one when I took her in for a well check. Good Luck!
We weighed Sophie just yesterday on the Wii and she only weighs 19 lbs. My little Sophie is way too skinny. I can't believe that Easton and her almost weigh the same but are 7 months apart. I worry about that little girl! Chubby babies are great. You don't have to worry about him!
I think we've all had moments like that and I wouldn't have thought of it either - especially with no history! You're awesome!
Post a Comment