My sweet husband told me a few days ago that I needed a night out. I totally agreed. We decided some bonding time with my little girl was in order. So this evening while the boys stayed home to watch football and scratch themselves, Jaydin and I went to the movies! She has never been to the movie theater before. If you've met her, you know she doesn't sit still very well so I was a little bit nervous, but she did GREAT! Ever since we told her we were going, she has been talking non-stop about "going on a girl date with Mom to the movie feater to see Princess and the Frog on the big movie scream and eat popcorn." haha. She said it just like that every time, to everyone she saw :) So we went in and got our popcorn and found our seats.
(I happened to have my old little camera in my bag since I didn't want to carry my big one,
so I have some grainy and blurry pictures of the evening, please bare with them :)
I told her to smile and this is what I got.
As soon as the previews started she was enthralled. She sat so good through the whole movie. I told her she could pick wherever she wanted to go to dinner afterwards and she picked Taco Time. hehe. Funny the places kids think are exciting. I was a little surprised (and relieved) that she didn't pick McDonald's!
We decided to go to the one in the mall then do some shopping after. At one point I jokingly asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced. She has been talking about it for over a year, but she keeps chickening out. To my surprise, she was very excited about the idea and said "I will be so brave! Let's go!" So we walked in there, picked out the earrings and she hopped right up on the chair. The lady gave her a teddy bear to hug.
She started to get a nervous look on her face and almost got teary-eyed while she was cleaning her ears and I thought "Oh no, this isn't going to go over well."
Then the lady did one ear and she didn't even flinch. She just said "Hey, my ear is warm!" I kept asking her if it hurt and she said "I'm fine!" She did the other ear and that was that! She got a sticker and a sucker and was pretty excited to carry her little bag of cleaning solution home.
She was pretty excited to surprise daddy with her earrings. I didn't tell him we had done it til we got home but we've talked about doing it for so long so he was surprised she actually did it.
On the way home she asked "Do you 'nember your favorite part of the movie?" So we had a fun conversation about the movie the whole way home. It was so much fun to have the evening to ourselves and just have some good girl bonding. I can't even believe how much she has grown up in the last little while! Someone please tell my babies to stop growing right now!
7 comments:
I can't believe how much she's changed just since last summer. She's getting so grown up. Her earrings look lovely! Give her hugs for us!
What a fun girls night. I can't believe how brave she was about getting her ears pierced. Awesome!
So cute! I can't believe she was so brave! Way to go Jaydin!
Stop growing!!! Now you can tell mine the same thing. So gald you had a lot of fun. You have to love those special bonding moments you have with them.
She did great. I was telling my Mom about Jaydin getting her ears pierced and she couldn't believe it.
That is so cute. She is so grown up! I was just talking about how fast they grow and it makes me sad. You inspired me to do something like that with Chloe.
Those pics are so freakin cute but I guess I should expect that from such a cute girl & momma! Keep planning girl dates - they are the best!!
Post a Comment