We've been looking around for a new used car for a little while. We needed something with 4 wheel drive because I'm tired of my car not being able to make it anywhere in the snow. A little more room would also be nice since we have some camping trips planned this summer. It's hard to pack all your camping gear when a car seat takes up your whole car (seriously, her car seat is huge). We also didn't want to pay much more than we are now for my current car--a 2005 Saturn Ion. So thus began the dreaded search. After researching online for a while, we decided just to go to various dealerships and see what they had to offer us. The only other time I've ever been to a car dealership was when I bought my Saturn 3 years ago. I wanted an Ion, so I went to the Saturn dealership and within an hour or so, I drove away in my Ion. Easy right? Apparently every other dealership in northern Utah is different...and just like they are portrayed on TV. Really. The guy in the picture above...I swear I talked to him in several different places. Honestly, if I hear "What's it going to take to get you into this car tonight?" I'll probably scream. At one place we actually had to steal our keys back from the guy and run out because he wouldn't stop pushing us to buy a car we didn't even want. I kept wondering why it was so different last time I bought a car. I'll tell you what the difference was...we went to Saturn last time and they don't work off commission. So we went back to the Saturn dealership. We test drove a few Vues and told them we had to think about it and they didn't hide our keys or argue with us at all! That was about a week or so ago. We had almost decided just to wait for a little bit and see if we could get a better deal a little later. Then Brady got a call last night saying they had received another Vue in yesterday that's nicer than the other one with less miles and it's $2,000 cheaper. So we ran down there this morning to look at it. The heated seats sold me, the Honda engine and premium stereo sold Brady. As soon as they're done detailing it, it's ours! So here's my shout out to Dave at Saturn for being awesome and remembering what exactly we were looking for and calling us before anyone else was able to look at it. I'm a Saturn customer for life. Saturday, February 23, 2008
I could be a walking commercial
We've been looking around for a new used car for a little while. We needed something with 4 wheel drive because I'm tired of my car not being able to make it anywhere in the snow. A little more room would also be nice since we have some camping trips planned this summer. It's hard to pack all your camping gear when a car seat takes up your whole car (seriously, her car seat is huge). We also didn't want to pay much more than we are now for my current car--a 2005 Saturn Ion. So thus began the dreaded search. After researching online for a while, we decided just to go to various dealerships and see what they had to offer us. The only other time I've ever been to a car dealership was when I bought my Saturn 3 years ago. I wanted an Ion, so I went to the Saturn dealership and within an hour or so, I drove away in my Ion. Easy right? Apparently every other dealership in northern Utah is different...and just like they are portrayed on TV. Really. The guy in the picture above...I swear I talked to him in several different places. Honestly, if I hear "What's it going to take to get you into this car tonight?" I'll probably scream. At one place we actually had to steal our keys back from the guy and run out because he wouldn't stop pushing us to buy a car we didn't even want. I kept wondering why it was so different last time I bought a car. I'll tell you what the difference was...we went to Saturn last time and they don't work off commission. So we went back to the Saturn dealership. We test drove a few Vues and told them we had to think about it and they didn't hide our keys or argue with us at all! That was about a week or so ago. We had almost decided just to wait for a little bit and see if we could get a better deal a little later. Then Brady got a call last night saying they had received another Vue in yesterday that's nicer than the other one with less miles and it's $2,000 cheaper. So we ran down there this morning to look at it. The heated seats sold me, the Honda engine and premium stereo sold Brady. As soon as they're done detailing it, it's ours! So here's my shout out to Dave at Saturn for being awesome and remembering what exactly we were looking for and calling us before anyone else was able to look at it. I'm a Saturn customer for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh man, I HATE car salesmen. I used to work at Avis and I have nemver met so many LIARS in my life. We got our car from Sherm's store, and they were great. Love the car!
Post a Comment