Today we were able to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. I know everyone thinks their Grandpa's are awesome, but mine really is. He is seriously such a wonderful man. I admire him so much for everything he has taught us all. My favorite childhood memories usually involve being at Grandpa and Grandma's house. They always had the coolest toys (who knew, those wooden blocks we all played with were WAY cooler than any toy I ever had, sorry mom). I still play with those blocks when I take Jaydin to see him. Grandpa always had a box of scrap wood in his garage and he would let us use his tools and build whatever we could dream up. He had the coolest garage of anyone I ever knew. His yard was always perfect, too. He is such a humble and spiritual man. I have never seen him angry. Ever. And it never fails, every time I see him he tells me "You're special." He and my Grandma passed on a wonderful legacy. They had 5 boys and 1 girl (my mom), 29 grandchildren, 78 great grandchildren, and 6 great-great grandchildren so far. I'm sure he tells all of them that they're special too, but I like to think it's just me. :)

On to the festivities. Here are a few things we enjoyed....Emma enjoyed the cake.

Courtney, Braedin, and McKenna enjoyed the mudbath.

All of the grandkids enjoyed the fish pond (who didn't get excited over these when you were a kid??)

Chris enjoyed a nice nap in the shade.

And Jaydin enjoyed the sandbox. (A few minutes after this she decided it would be fun to throw several handfuls of sand into her hair. We had about an inch of sand in the tub after we got home...)

Here's me, Jaydin, Brady, and Grandpa

We had such a fun day. Thank you Keith and Merla for getting everything set up and planned for us. You guys did an awesome job. It was so nice to see cousins I haven't seen for years. Happy birthday Grandpa. You're special! :) Love you!
2 comments:
How fun!!! I'm glad your Grandpa is still around to make these great memories! You lucky girl!!! Getting sand outta of Jaydin's hair had to be fun!!! lol ;0)
Your Grandpa looks so cute, and I love your new hair color!
Post a Comment