So as I've said before, Sunday was Jaydin's birthday. We've had a crazy busy week, but it's been so fun! We started out Saturday by letting her open her "Mom and Dad" presents. She got a Barbie bike and a trunk of dress ups (which she has not taken off since...) some bath toys and a Cinderella Barbie. Later that evening, we had a party with Brady's side of the family. She got lots of fun presents and cake and ice cream. I have a million pictures, but it's mostly opening presents, so I won't bore you with those...After that party, we went to Harrisville park because they were doing fireworks for their founders day. Well, this summer Jaydin has become COMPLETELY obsessed with fireworks. Every weekend she asks to go see more fireworks so when I found out Harrisville was doing them the day before her birthday I told her they were her "birthday fireworks" just for her. She was SO excited! The fireworks were not all that great compared to some we've seen this year, but I don't think she cared. It totally made her birthday I think. I hope she doesn't expect them every year on her birthday though! Then on Sunday we went up to my parents house and had a party with my side of the family. Again, more cake and presents and a huge sugar high ensued. Aunt Julie got her some chips and salsa from Bella's and that made her day! All in all I think she got thoroughly spoiled and had a great birthday. Here is her princess cake. I'd like to say I made it, but I'm just not that talented. But it was way cute. It has all the Disney princesses on it in the little windows of the castle.
Blowing out the candles...
Mmmm....delicious cake.....
Her cake came with a tiara and a sash that said "perfect princess" and she wore those with pride. They look really good with her dress ups she got. She's not a diva or anything....

Trying out her awesome Barbie bike with matching Barbie helmet and pads...yeah...like I said, she's not a diva....
And this is what happens when she sees other people riding down the street on their bikes, but her mean parents make her stay in the driveway with her bike. Yeah...definately not a diva.
In other news, my darling neice Courtney raised a lamb this year for the fair so on Wednesday we went to watch her walk her lamb. She did such a good job! Her lamb was a bit of a rascal, but Court was a champ and did great! Here's Courtney and her cousin Tommy holding their ribbons with their lambs Prodigal and Lily:
Jaydin also had a fun time looking around at all the different animals. Her favorite were the pigs.
Other than that this week I have been busy getting everything ready for our camping trip. We are leaving tomorrow and I'm so excited. Some of my best childhood memories involve going camping with my family. I'm excited to start fun memories like that for Jaydin. Brady finally got a couple days in a row off work, which is a very rare occurance. We haven't been camping for about 4 years...and that time it was just overnight and it rained. So I'm very excited to have a few days to just relax and enjoy nature...and my book!
Oh and speaking of my book...as all of us Twilight fans know, Breaking Dawn came out last weekend...the day before Jaydin's birthday. I convinced Brady that since I did all the work gave birth to her, I should get a birthday present too so he got it for me! Tee hee! I love that guy. I've been saving it ALL week for camping and I can hardly wait. :)
4 comments:
I like the idea of getting presents from your husband on your kids birthday. True, you are the one that had to give birth. Have fun camping, I mean reading.
Is it a Genny cake?
No she never called me back :( so it's a Lee's Market cake.
:(
sad she didn't call back.
she didn't call me back the other day either; citing problems with her phone.
oh well, nice cake anyway!
Post a Comment