1. The Uintahs are beautiful.
2. There's a lot of moose in the Uintahs. (many much moosen in the woodesen! for all those Brian Regan fans).

3. It rains a lot in the Uintahs...and it's cold.
4. Jaydin is NOT a happy camper.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I was SO excited to go camping last weekend. We had been planning this trip for many months with Brady's family (we missed you Bart and Marti, by the way). Well, here are the highlights of our camping trip:
Friday:
*We got up there and set up the tent...well mostly Brady set it up while I tried to keep Jaydin away from the lake.
*I got stung by something, I assume a bee, while chasing Jaydin through the bushes.
*Jaydin had a great time playing with her cousins.
*Jaydin face planted off the picnic table and scratched her face ALL up. It was very sad looking. The thing that bothered her the most was that she had dirt in her mouth. And she said the alcohol wipes I used to clean the scrapes "tickled."
*We made a campfire and roasted marshmellows and made s'mores (what's a camping trip without that?)
*We went to bed and Jaydin crashed around 10:30 after not having a nap ALL day. She was SO excited to sleep in her new sleeping bag that Grandma got her for her birthday.
*Jaydin woke up screaming at 11, just as I was drifting off to sleep. She continued to say every word in her vocabulary because she did not want to go back to sleep.
*She FINALLY fell back to sleep at FIVE. IN. THE. MORNING. Only to wake up again with the sun at 7. (For those counting, that's 2.5 hours sleep in a 24 hour time period.)
Saturday:
*Woke up and had breakfast, sun shining....we decided it was going to be a much better day today.
*Everyone wanted to go on a hike but we decided to stay back to try and get Jaydin to take a nap...after about 5 hours of no napping we decided to go for a drive.
*1.5 minutes into the the drive Jaydin was out cold *heavenly choir* HALLELUJA!
*Brady and I took in lots of pretty scenery and it started to rain. So we pulled over to let Jaydin sleep and we read our books.
*We saw a huge moose and watched it for quite a while...from a safe distance (see picture above).
*It started to rain harder.
*We decided to go back to camp and Jaydin woke up just as we got back...she slept for about an hour, so now we're up to 3.5 hours in about a 36 hour time frame.
*The rain got worse. As the whole family was huddled under the canopy, Jaydin was not getting any happier. For fear of a repeat of the night before...and because mommy was cranky too, we decided to bag the whole camping idea and pack up and head for home. :(
*We got home around 9:30 at night, hurried and gave Jaydin a bath and threw her in bed. She was crashed the minute she was in her own bed. *sigh* And then I finished reading my book...and it was good :)
So the moral of the story is: My kid is overly OCD when it comes to where and how she sleeps. She will ONLY sleep in her own bed, lights out, fish/music thingy on, with her 3 blankies, pillow, baby, Dora, Elmo, Minnie, bear, and kitty. Heaven forbid we should forget one of those things....believe me she'll notice. If she's really tired, she'll fall asleep in the car, but not very often. Next time Brady has a day off, we're going to set up the tent in the backyard and practice. That way if she's not asleep by say...midnight, we can just come back inside. I'm determined to have her ready by next summer so we will not have a repeat.
Also, Brady was VERY proud of our dirty car. So of course I took a picture of it.

And I also learned that Jaydin all of a sudden doesn't like the carwash:
4 comments:
Wow! It sounds like you guys had quite the trip! LoL.. I hope the practicing goes better for ya! And I hope your okay! Hopefully the Loritab wasn't for something to horrible!
Bart and I were sorry we missed the camping trip but after reading your post I was o.k. with it. We went one night this summer and Ava slept o.k. but did wake up in the middle of the night crying for about 15 minutes inconsolably and was super ornery the next day because she also couldn't take a nap in the tent. What a headache these kids can be. I keep threatening Bart we're not going camping until we have a tent trailer but somehow he always talks me into it.
I saw on face book that you are moving. Where too? I didn't know that. I bet that is exciting to be in your own place again.
Poor you. I feel your pain. Madisen has only been camping once..when she was 2. I refuse to take her til we have a tent trailer or something. It's the only way to go with kids. I love camping in the Uintahs. Where did you guys camp by?
Poor you. I feel your pain. Madisen has only been camping once..when she was 2. I refuse to take her til we have a tent trailer or something. It's the only way to go with kids. I love camping in the Uintahs. Where did you guys camp by?
Post a Comment