Monday, September 22, 2008

How We Have Been Spending Our Time

We've been pretty busy lately. Here's what we've been up to.
Riding the train to see Grandma:

(Um, please excuse the fact I look dead, I realized half way to Ogden I didn't put makeup on before leaving the house...awesome...)



Practicing piano skills:



Building huts to watch movies:



Working on building up our street cred:

(You know...for when we drive around in the 'hood. It helps if you have a chololate milk mustache and a pink-haired Barbie, too.)

Finally figuring out the whole napping in a big girl bed fiasco (WOO HOO!):


Using and abusing our zoo membership:



Daddy worked on his mad photog skills:

(huh?)

Wait...who is THAT kid? Um...not ours daddy. :)

That's a little better. I'll give him some props...we were on a MOVING carousel and he has never really used our camera before and it was on the wrong setting ;)


Feeding ducks:
Working on our "blowing-snot-bubbles-while-throwing-a-tantrum-for-no-reason" skills:

(Don't you just feel bad for her? And I know you wanted to see her snot bubbles.)


Ah, back to normal. Playing dress up (an every day occurance):



Becoming the next Picasso:

(See that cup of nasty paint-filled water? Yeah...she thought it looked good enough to take a sip. Thank you, Crayola for making your watercolors non-toxic.) The masterpiece entitled "Scary Night" (named by Picasso herself...see explaination below) now hangs in a world-famous gallery somewhere.



Also, we were in the store the other day and they had their Halloween costumes out so we decided to take a look. I asked Jaydin what she wanted to be for Halloween. She corrected me and says that it's called "Scary Night"...not Halloween. I have no idea where she got that, I didn't even know she would really remember what Halloween was in the first place. Who am I to argue with a 2 year old? So I ask, for Scary Night, do you want to be a witch? "Nope." Do you want to be Tinkerbell? "No." Well, what would you like to dress up as? "A beenareena." So I set off to find a "beenareena" costume. In case you're wondering what the heck that is, maybe this will give you a clue:



Luckily, she already had the tutu and tights, so I found a leotard and ballet slippers at Wal-mart for $5 each. Score! That was the easiest Halloween costume ever and it's still over a month away! Let's just hope she doesn't change her mind between now and then...

I was trying to get her to dance for me, but while I had the camera it wasn't happening. I thought I'd share this anyway (it's mostly for grandma anyway).


She has a cold so it's hard to understand her, but when I asked her "What are you going to be for Halloween?" She says "It's for Scary Night."

7 comments:

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Dang cute. I just love her, she is a mini you!!

Crazy Cains said...

Love the pictures. Its so fun to see her personality. (Hope I spelled that right) We should go to the zoo together, I could ride the train down and meet you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys have been super busy having lots of fun!

Jaime said...

I'm trying to figure out if she will appreciate the embarrassing pictures you've posted of her. Although the snot blowing bubbles may be good for a 1st date thing. I love the "beenareena" costume. I wish I could get away with looking that cute in one.

Anonymous said...

Cute girl..! I really like the way she is thinking about Halloween. Nice costume.

Anonymous said...

She's gonna kill you for the snot bubbles picture! She just cracks me up!! Kiss her for us!

Love~~Jen

Kalli and Derek said...

She is so dang cute! I love what kids come up with these days. I asked Kaden what he wanted to be for Halloween and his response was "I hate Halloween!" But as soon as I reminded him what he got, he was suddenly loving it again.
Looks like you are having tons of fun, I love all her hair do's you are so talented and I love reading your blog, you keep me laughing.