Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lately...

I've been neglecting all things blog lately. It's not like we've been too exciting, but I do have a few things to blog about.

Last week, my mother-in-law took me and Jaydin and my sister-in-law Wendy to the Festival of Trees. We had so much fun and Jaydin did really good considering how long we were there. They had some really awesome trees.



































We probably could have spent a week looking at each tree and reading the stories that go with them. They had lots of yummy treats to eat too. We ate cinnamon rolls for lunch with appetizers of chocolate dipped oreos and cinnamon bears. Totally healthy, right? When we got near the end, Santa was just coming back from a break so we hurried and got in line. As soon as Jaydin saw him she started jumping up and down screaming "SANTA! MOMMY LOOK! IT'S SANTA!"














When it was finally our turn she pretty much ran and jumped in his lap. I hurried and snapped a few pictures and went over to them. When I got there she was inspecting his beard and his gloves and was just in awe, but she was chatting away with him like they were old friends. I asked if she remembered to tell him what she wanted for Christmas and she said "Oh yeah...blocks!" Like she'd completely forgotten the reason she was there :) It was so cute.



















We also went to Zoolights a while ago which was pretty fun. They had some really cool light displays and delicious hot cocoa. My camera sucks in the dark so this is all we got.



















The other day Jaydin was playing in her room and came out carrying a few of her babies and a handful of diapers that we had leftover from before she was potty trained. She asked me "Mommy, how it goes?" and gave me a diaper and a baby. So I showed her how to put the diaper on the baby and she did the other ones. She would lay them on the floor and play with their legs singing "Wheels on the Bus" then she'd put the diaper on. It was so cute! She's already getting ready to be a big sister. Next week I think I'll teach her how to do dishes. :)
















We got a couple inches of snow today so we bundled up and headed outside for some winter fun.






























































And last but not least, here's how to describe me the last couple months.

Top 5 signs you're pregnant (besides the normal ones)...
5. You can't walk past the kitchen, let alone do dishes or cook or even open the fridge because it makes you gag. Good thing I have a fantastic husband who cooks AND is willing to do the dishes for me right now.

4. Crazy dreams. Running marathons (and waking up feeling like I really ran said marathon), being on the Lost island with the cast of Heroes, defending the world against my previous employers' involvement in an evil corporation. That was just the last couple days.

3. Speaking of crazy dreams...even though you get a 2 hour nap during the day, you're still exhausted by 9:00 at night. And if you don't get that nap during the day you can just forget being able to function after 5. I forgot how exhausting making humans is.

2. Pregnancy brain. Everything from almost forgetting to feed your child breakfast in the morning to forgetting to put mascara on BOTH eyes. And this morning, I put both my contacts IN. THE. SAME. EYE. and couldn't figure out why I couldn't see.

1. You get weepy eyed at the end of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Give me a break, his heart grew 3 sizes that day, for crying out loud, it's touching!

5 comments:

Amee Campbell said...

Oh Jamie, I sure do love reading your blog. See ya this Friday...right?

Me, Myself and I said...

You're soooooooo pregnant. I'm laughing and I feel sorry at the same time.

I love the pics of the dollies in diapers. hahaha.

Bennington's said...

I have to agree with Amee, I always love reading your blog. Reading your blog makes me wish we still worked together. You are so funny and I would always had a good laugh when you were there. Love the pictures of Jaydin in the snow. Seriously Jamie were does the time go? Also, we went to the festivel of trees. There were some really cool ones down there don't you think?

Jaime said...

I went to the Festival of Trees last year, it was really cool. Did they have the huge playhouses too? I am determined to have Dan make us one. Thank you for the Top 5 signs you're pregnant. I have not experienced any of those yet so I think I am ok for now. Let us know how Jaydin's dish washing experience goes.

Kalli and Derek said...

LOL I love it I am right there with ya! I can't wait until this part is over. Although I haven't had the crazy dreams yet.