Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Christmas snuck up on me and was gone in a flash this year. I don't think I've ever been THAT unprepared for a holiday. Ever. Like I was up until 11:30 Christmas Eve finishing presents. We did have a great Christmas though.

I started off Christmas Eve with watching Elf while baking some aweful tasting banana bread and cookies for Santa. Jaydin frosted the cookies and did an awesome job. She was SO excited to leave them for Santa. I don't think he cares if she licked them, does he?



Then we went to the annual party at the Thompsons. Pauline brought her chimes. It's Brady's favorite tradition. He'll never admit it, but it is. I wish I had a picture, but I don't. The Thompson family has some mad chime-playing skills. Good food (except my banana bread) and good fun was had by all. When we got home from the party, Jaydin noticed the Christmas Eve Fairy (we're still working on the naming of said fairy) left her a present under the tree. Of course it's the pajamas. She put her new PJs on, put the cookies out for Santa, read a story and it was off to bed. We told her Santa wouldn't come until she was asleep and she was asleep before I even got the door closed.

The next morning I woke up at 6:30 too excited to go back to sleep. Jaydin didn't wake up until 8, so I had plenty of time to make sure the video camera was charged and get started on homemade cinnamon rolls. By "homemade" I mean the Pillsbury dough boy made them and I put them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. And then I made fresh squeezed orange juice. Obviously, "fresh squeezed" means fresh squeezed and frozen into concentrate, which I mixed myself. Anyway, Jaydin FINALLY woke up and the first thing she said was "Santa come today?" She could hardly wait to see what he brought her.

Proof Santa came:

Later that day we went back to the Thompsons for the gift exchange. The day after Christmas is when my side of the family got together. Brady had to work that morning, so Jaydin and I rode the train and Grandma picked us up, then he came down later. We had our annual Christmas brunch, opened presents and just spent most of the day there. That evening we all went out to Willard Bay to see the lights. Jaydin fell asleep right before we got there and we tried the whole time to wake her up, but she was just too tired. Poor girl missed the whole thing!

And, for those of you that didn't get a Christmas card from us (I only sent a few, don't feel bad), here's a cyber-version for you:


3 comments:

Crazy Cains said...

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky few you love and got a card. So glad you had a good Christmas.

Me, Myself and I said...

I love the proof that Santa came. hahaha.

The Christmas Eve Fairy could be The Christkind (kris-kin-t), it means "the Christ child". In Germany he (or she) is the Angel that delivers the children's gifts. The children never see the Christkind because he is so bright that he will blind them if they see him. Some refer to the Christkind as the reincarnation of Baby Jesus. Anyway, here's more on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christkind

(We just had a German relative visit, so that's how why it's fresh on my brain.)

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

I am glad that you guys had a great Christmas and New Year!!!!! The Christmas card is super cute!!