Monday, June 8, 2009

Memory Grove

Since our anniversary was on Sunday, we decided to celebrate it on Saturday this year. Brady went to work early Saturday morning and when he got home he asked what I'd like to do for the rest of the day. I decided I really wanted to go to Memory Grove and hang out and play with my camera. How romantic, huh? I've been trying to figure out how to shoot in manual mode so I wanted to get some practice. A few shots actually turned out somewhat decent and I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

This is my favorite one.


There's a story behind this one. When Jaydin asks for something she'll say "Please!" and put her hands up like this. She's begging for a prize for letting me take her picture!


She was not into being my model.




I don't know why, but I really like this one, too. It was actually an accident.



I loved this red door but she was DONE by this time. I wish I would have paid more attention to the shadows. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm still working on getting good shots of running water. This one turned out half-way decent.

I wanted to get a little closer on this one, but I scared him off.

Pretty flowers.




I love my camera but I still have lots of learning to do!

3 comments:

Dan, Heath, Sky and Harp said...

She is SO adorable! I love the first picture.. you are such a good mommy. Did you pick out a name for fetus?

Kalli and Derek said...

Very cute. Happy anniversary, and Happy birthday.

Kalli and Derek said...

sorry I`m a dork I was reading a birthday card right before I read this and for some reason I thought I saw birthday on this post too. LOL!