Monday, June 29, 2009

Hospital Trip

So this morning I realized I hadn't really felt the baby move since last night. This has happened a couple times...since he dropped about 3 weeks ago he hasn't been as active. Normally when I realize this, I'll have some sugar, drink some caffiene, and poke at him for a while and he'll wake up. I tried that all morning and....nothing. So I'm starting to get a little worried by around 1:00 this afternoon I still hadn't felt any movement and I called the nurse. She said to head up to labor and delivery so they could monitor me. We got there and they hooked me up to all the machines and immediately got a strong heartbeat, so that was pretty reassuring. They monitored both me and the baby for a couple hours. When we first got there, my blood pressure was WAY high, but it went down considerably within 10 minutes of laying on my side. My doctor decided to send me home for the night, but confined me to bedrest for the night and told me to come back tomorrow at 10 AM to be induced! So we left the hospital and swung by my in-law's house so Brady and his dad could give me a blessing. That helped calm me down quite a bit. I was excited to get him out, but when they gave me a time to look forward to, my brain started freaking out when it hit me that I'm gonna have 2 kids! Now I'm just sitting here on the couch for my "bedrest" thinking of all the things I should have gotten done today but didn't. Oh well. I'm just thankful that it's only 1 evening of bedrest and not weeks or months like some women have to suffer! Anyway I'll be posting pictures when he decides to make his appearance!

2 comments:

Kalli and Derek said...

Oh my, I can't believe it is here!! Good luck tomorrow, that is so exciting and I am way jealous, I still have a week! :(

Jaime said...

I'm glad you went with your instincts and headed up to the hospital to get monitored.