Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Case of the Sickies


Jaydin just got over an ear infection in her left ear 2 weeks ago. All last week, she was running a fever but she was acting fine. Then the coughing started. All. Night. Long. And the runny nose came back. Then we really knew something was wrong when she wanted to cuddle all day. That never happens. So, after spending THREE (yes, three) hours at Instacare on Saturday with a tired and sick toddler, we find out the ear infection is back. Worse than before...and it's in both ears now. The coughing is from the drainage. So the doc gave us some new antibiotic and hopefully that will get rid of it this time. She thinks her medicine candy and keeps saying "more med-cine". Then gets really angry when I only give it to her twice daily as directed. Yes, I do have it stored out of her reach. Believe me, she's tried. I really hope the poor kid doesn't have to get tubes. Both Brady and I had them when we were little, so heredity is against her there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but for now I'm tired of these dang ear infections.

3 comments:

Monica Child said...

Poor kid! Maddi had a bunch of ear infections but she hasn't had to have tubes so maybe you'll be lucky. I hate when they are sick. It's so sad. Plus it seems like it takes forever for them to get better. I hate instacare! But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do when it come to your kids huh... Raegan had an ear infection not too long ago. She really like her medicine too. Maddi on the other hand I have to fight tooth and nail. Get this though, a couple of weeks ago Maddi was really sick. I don't know if it was the flu or what but it was horrible. I finally ended up going and buying Maddi some childrens pepto chewable tablets. I had to fight her to get her to take one. I put up her pepto tablets so she couldn't get into them (or so I thought) next thing I know she's munchin' on something. I'm like what are you eating?! She's tall enough she can grab stuff off the counters which is totally scary. She some how opened the pepto "childrens safe" cap and ate like 2 pills. Luckily I stopped her. She would have probably ate the whole bottle! I figured the worst it would do would give her more diarriah which at that point I didn't see how it could get much worse. :)

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh that's crazy! How did she get the children's safe cap off?

Kristen said...

Oh, poor kid. I hope she starts feeling better soon!