Sunday, June 29, 2008

We've been busy lately

I've been trying to figure out this digital scrapbook stuff, so my blog has been neglected lately. I have lots of pictures to post, but I've already scrapbooked most of them, so I'll just post the pages I've done (I'm still new at it, so they aren't the most amazing pages). Click on the pictures to see them bigger.

We went to the zoo again. Jaydin LOVES the zoo. It was really hot that day though, but we had lots of fun.


















I found the most amazing invention. See the picture with the monkey on her back? It has a long tail that is actually a leash. I used to think leashes on kids were really cruel. But this one is so cute! And it's useful for an active toddler who likes to run away. It doubles as a backpack, which she loves. While we were at the zoo I had lots of frenzied moms come up and ask where I got it. Walmart...$9. Yes, I'm one of those cruel moms who puts their kid on a leash.


We've also done lots of this lately:



















Yes, she insisted on wearing her life jacket in the baby pool. Better safe than sorry I guess. And speaking of safety, I'm glad they put the words "NO DIVING" in huge letters on her 2 inch deep pool. Very helpful.
She didn't have to wear her life jacket to run through the sprinklers:


















On Saturday we drove up to Idaho for a family reunion, then came home for Pleasant View's founders day fireworks.









My neice Courtney chased Jaydin around and wore her out for us. She's such a good babysitter :) Although towards the end she asked "Can't we just lock her in a cage?" Well dangit! I happened to forget the kennel! What was I thinking? I should have at least brought her monkey leash though.
Props go out to the freebie sites I got most of my digiscrap stuff from. Links are on my sidebar if you'd like to visit them. Thank you!

5 comments:

Jodi B. said...

I used to be anti-leash too. I don't know where I would be without the leash! When you're in a large crowd with a wild child it is so necessary. I love all the digital scrapbooking, I need to get the motivation to do it.

Keely said...

I love all your pages!!! You did a great job! I'm definitely going to have to check out those links! Looks like you guys have been having LOTS of fun!!

Me, Myself and I said...

hi! you're on my stalklist now... dun dun dun

Me, Myself and I said...

okay, okay -- how do you customize the background without losing your widgets?

Jaime said...

Your blog is getting too cute, I don't know if I can visit it anymore.