Saturday, July 5, 2008

Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue

I don't know why, but the 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. I love the smells, I love the people watching, I just love everything about it. We started off the day by having a yummy breakfast that Brady's parent's cooked, then we were off to the parade in North Ogden. My daddy is in the parade every year so we like to cheer him on. Here is my daddy:
















(This picture is actually from a few years ago because I didn't get a very good one this year. He was driving the ambulance this year.)


And here are Jaydin and my mom cheering:














I love her shirt. Anyone who knows her thinks it fits so well. Here's Jaydin and her cousin Wyatt watching the parade:





























After the parade we headed up to the park for Cherry Days. We spent a little time just walking around and people watching (which is one of my favorite things to do) and ran into several random old friends we hadn't seen for a long time. North Ogden rocks! :) hee hee

After being hot and tired we decided to go back to the air conditioned house and put Jaydin down for a nap. Then we had a mini photo shoot when she woke up. Jaydin is just like her mom and hates to have her picture taken. Here are a few where she was actually (sort of) looking at the camera. In the first couple she's eating candy because I had to bribe her.









































Blowing me kisses...



















Very thoughtful...



















And the outfit wouldn't be complete without the shoes and painted toe nails (and scrapes and bruises on her legs)















After a quick detour to the emergency room, Bart, Marti, and Ava joined us. Jaydin has so much fun playing with Ava. Ava is 5 months older than Jaydin.













































Isn't Ava so cute?
















Again, I'm a people watcher so I love to go to fireworks and have the whole experience. Unfortunately, Brady had to get up for work at 2 AM so it wasn't possible for us to actually GO to the fireworks. But Jaydin and I stayed up and watched Fremont's fireworks from the driveway with Brady's parents and Shane and Carrie and Wyatt (and some new neighbors). All in all we had a really good day. When I asked Jaydin what her favorite part of the day was she said "Beau-ful fi-wer-works" (beautiful fireworks). She's been talking about fireworks since we went to P.V. founders day last week and was so excited when I told her we would see more this week.

I hope everyone else had fun as well! Happy Independence Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is a cutie!! Glad you guys had a good hiloday!

Lyndsey

J + A Humphreys said...

Jamie, hi! So fun to get a comment from you. It has been Ben Lomand 5th reunion all over the place. I love it. So fun to see everyone's families and how they are doing. Your little Jaydin is so cute. I love the flip-flops and painted toes. Not sure I would know what to do with a little girl if I had one. :) Glad to see you are doing so well.

Keely said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Jaydin's getting big and I love her little curls! The little flip flops are adorable! And of course you can't forget the red toenail polish! :0)

Kristen said...

Hey, thanks for the gift! That was so thoughtful :) I love it!