Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happenings this week

My sister so kindly informed me she didn't have anything to read because I haven't posted anything for a while. Ok it's only been like a week...seriously. I'm not that really exciting. So to please Jen (and torture the rest of you), here is how my week went:

Sunday: Church, family dinner at my mom's.

Monday: Brady's cute little nephew Derek had a birthday party. He just turned 12 and he has special needs. He is always very concerned about everyone else and wants everyone to have fun. Every time we all get together he has some little program to put on for us or game put together for everyone to play and take part in. His birthday party was no different. He decided months ago that he wanted a circus for his birthday party. He has been planning everything to the T. When we first got to the backyard, we had to get our tickets at the ticket booth. He had about 12 games set up for all the kids to play. There was a cake walk, a fish pond, pin the nose on the clown, a clown relay, a bean bag toss, shoot the ducks, knock down the bottles, etc. He even transformed his wagon into a circus train to take the toddlers on a ride. They had cotton candy, carmel corn, cupcakes...all sorts of circus food to eat. It was seriously so cute. The sad part is that I FORGOT MY CAMERA! I was so mad at myself. I never forget my camera! Luckily Diane sent me a few pictures she took.

Here is Jaydin doing the bean bag toss:














Brady was in charge of the duck shooting game:














The funniest thing about the whole thing is that this was Derek's birthday party, but he didn't participate in any of the games. His biggest thrill was making sure everyone else was having fun. He's such a cute kid.

Tuesday: I did laundry...that was the highlight of the day.

Wednesday: Jaydin woke up with a fever of 101. Oh great, our insurance for Brady's new job kicks in NEXT week...of course she's going to get sick THIS week. I freaked out a little. She was acting fine, she was just warm so I just gave her tylenol to get rid of the fever. Her fever went down and all was good.

Thursday: Brady's day off and we had planned to go to Salt Lake and perhaps find someplace to live. Well, Jaydin woke up again with a fever of 102 this time. We figured out she is getting her molars and she wouldn't let anything go near her mouth. Brady ran to the store to get popcicles and that's all she ate all day. I knew she didn't feel good now because she was whining and snuggling with me. The poor girl was miserable. It made me so sad. Cue more Tylenol, Motrin, and popcicles. We didn't end up going to Salt Lake. In fact I don't think I even showered that day. I'm sure you wanted to know that. After a very long day it was bed time...or so I thought. She was exhausted and went to sleep at about 7:30 and Brady went to bed shortly after that (he wasn't being lazy, he has to be at work at 2 AM). I was relaxing in the silence when over the monitor I could hear Jaydin start to cry, she made a throw up sound, then started crying even more. I went in her room, changed her jammies, changed her sheets, and held her for a few hours til she fell asleep. I haven't had to do that for a long time since she's such a good sleeper. It was much easier when she was only like 10 pounds. She's 27 pounds now. My arms were sore. I felt so bad for her though I would have held her all night. I love my job.

Friday: I went to bed and Brady woke up to go to work shortly after. Eventually I fell asleep about an hour before I got up to start the day. The fever is gone! Jaydin was feeling a million times better, but still no molars, so her mouth still hurts a little. We went to Grandma's and played with Emma for a little bit. That's pretty much it.

Saturday: Brady went to work, nothing eventful happened during the day. Later that evening, we went to a park and had a picnic then played on the playground.

Sunday: Church starts at 8:30 AM. I set my alarm for 6:30 PM. I woke up at 8:25 when Jaydin woke me up. We didn't make it to church. I know, I'm going to hell. After nap, Jaydin and I went and got my mom and we went to Weber State for the pops concert and fireworks. Poor Brady had to miss out again because he had to go to bed early. Janet and Chris and Jen and Dan met us up there. Jaydin took Emma for a walk:

















And I think I'm a bad influence on Jaydin. She's an up and coming photographer.

















We had a fun time at the fireworks. That is always my favorite yearly tradition that I look forward to.


Monday: Julie and her kids took us to the Dinosaur Park! It was hot, but the kids had a ton of fun. My normally fearless kid was afraid of the T-rex and the triceratops that were growling at each other, but everything else she loved. Her favorite part was the display of dinosaur poop and she watched some seagulls sitting on a dinosaur's tail for quite a while.

This picture is blurry, but this is Jaydin excitedly jumping up and down showing me the dinosaur poop.














Aren't Julie's kidlets so cute? Jaydin just wanted to play with the dirt.








































This is really so true...
















And today all I've done is laundry and make this post. So there you have it. Maybe next time Jen won't bother me about not blogging for a whole week. :) Whew. That was a long post.

3 comments:

Bennington's said...

Thanks for updating your post, it sound like you have been real busy over the summer. How is Brady's job going? I really want to get together so lets plan a night and get the girls together. I am going back to school up at Weber State this Fall so lets do it before then.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Ask and I shall receive!! Well now your sister is kindly informing you that she is hungry, she wants you to cook her some meals, her house is dirty, she wants you to come clean it, and her yard is screaming for your help!! I always get what I ask for!!
But really, Derek's circus party and Dinosaur Park sounds too fun!!
Poor little baby Jaydin and her fever!! Teeth are the meanest things to little kids!!
Love~~Jen

Jodi B. said...

I was busting a gut about your going to hell comment. It's always a bummer when those nasty fevers come. That was a detailed post, your days are pretty much like mine.