Friday, February 6, 2009

3 News Updates

Ok so I've been meaning to post this for about a week now, but I get distracted easily lately. Sorry.
Here's exciting news update #1:
The other day my phone rang. It was a number that I didn't recognize from a different area code. Normally, I never answer those, but for whatever reason I just picked up the phone and here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Hello?"

Caller: "Hi is this Jamie?"

Me: "Yes."

Caller: "This is [NAME] from the Ellen DeGeneris Show. I'm calling to let you know you are one of the the winners for the 12 Days of Giveaways!"

Me: "No way! Really?"

Caller: "Yes, congratulations! You won the Vitamix blender from day 11. [verifies my information, etc]"

I entered online every day religiously hoping for the chance to win something but knowing I probably wouldn't. I was SO excited! I called Brady and told him the awesome news and this was his response: "Out of all the plasma TVs, bluray players, and iPods, you won a BLENDER?" Way to rain on my parade. I didn't really care what the prize was, I WON IT! Like on A Christmas Story where the dad won this beauty:





It didn't matter what the prize was, it mattered that he won it. Don't ruin my ego! Then he stopped making fun of me after I looked the blender up on ebay and they sell for $400-$500. Woo hoo!


Exciting news update #2:

After the excitement of my winnings we were off to the doctor to see Fetus! I'd been hoping and praying that it would cooperate so we could find out what it is at this appointment, otherwise I'd have to wait another 4 weeks. So the doctor starts looking around and Fetus has it's legs crossed. Of course. She starts measuring everything else and kept going back to that area in hopes that it would uncross it's legs. Eventually she saw something there but it looked like it might have been the umbilical cord so at first she was saying "girl". After lots of poking and prodding and checking blood flow she said it looked a little too solid to be the cord. So her final answer is BOY! We are so excited! My next appointment is in 3 weeks, and in 5 weeks I have the "big ultrasound" so we'll still be able to verify a few times that it wasn't just the cord. I don't really want to post the video of my son's "goods" on the internet, so I have been searching the internet high and low for a funny clip to go with this but even youtube doesn't have it...how lame is that? Anyway, if you've ever seen the movie "Look Who's Talking" I was going to post the part where she chugs the gallon of apple juice (because I totally did that the other day) and then the baby notices he has another arm growing in down there. Just pretend that's what's right here.

Not so exciting news update #3:

Last night out of no where my knee started to hurt. Then I noticed a little swollen bump next to my knee cap. I thought to myself "Hm, I must have run into something again and didn't notice." Then I went to bed and it hurt all night long, so I woke up today and put an ice pack on it hoping it would go away. I told my mom about it and she told me that I need to call the doctor immediately to have it checked out because it could be a clot. I told her my leg was not going to fall off and it was just fine. So then I googled blood clots (because now it's in my head that my leg really might fall off) and the symptoms said "Unexplained tenderness and swelling in the leg. Happens often in pregnancy, etc..." Hm. So she finally convinced me to call the nurse. The nurse said normally clots happen on the back of the leg, not the front and not normally on the knee. Just to be safe she told me to come in for an ultrasound to check it out. The doctor started the ultrasound and said I have the opposite of a clot (it has a medical name I just don't remember it), which is much better, but not optimal. He was really awesome and showed me in detail the veins of my leg. He explained how a normal person's vein is about .2 cm and mine was .6.....so 3 times normal size. Apparently this happens in pregnancies especially when you've had more than one baby. The baby is putting pressure on my veins and not allowing the blood to flow exactly how it should. So now I get to wear these oh so sexy support hose for the rest of my pregnancy and any time I'm resting I need to keep my legs elevated as much as possible. He said the veins should be back to normal shortly after I deliver.

So moral of the story: Listen to your mom...even if you HATE going to the doctor for something as silly as a hurt knee.

5 comments:

Kalli and Derek said...

That is so Awesome that you won that, that is something that would never happen to me! I wouldn't care what it was either that would be cool just to get that call. That is so awesome about it being a boy! I hope it stays that way!:) I find out on Wednesday, hopefully it cooperates for me. Sorry to hear about your leg, I hear that hurts pretty bad, I'm glad you listened to your mom finally. :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You won...NO FAIR! I put in to win every day last year and never won anything...so i gave up this year. I so want to go to one of her shows when she does the "12 days"...oh my dream.. my husband thinks i'm crazy, but maybe some day!! You lucky duck!!

Jaime said...

I would be excited for a blender. If Brady still isn't excited, then you don't have to make him anything that comes out of it hehe. Congratulations on the possible Boy. And I hope your knee feels better, take a break from playing Barbies & get some rest. ;)

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

I have one word for your new attire.....SEXY. Love those wonderful stockings! I am way excited for this cute little boy to get here. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I want you to post a pic of your fabulous stockings! At least you get to have really tan legs during the middle of winter!