Wednesday, July 1, 2009

He's here!

Easton Walter
June 30, 2009 7:45 PM
9 pounds 1 ounce, 22 inches long






For those of you that want the story, here it is. So, in my last post I said I was getting started at 10 AM. We arrived at the hospital, got hooked up to monitors, then waited. The nurse finally was able to start my IV and pitocin around 1:00, after several missed attempts and a blown out vein (It looks even grosser today...) we were ready to go.
My doctor came in shortly after to break my water. She checked me first and my water ended up breaking just because of her checking me. I was all ready to go! I got my epidural and was in absolute heaven. After about 6 hours he was ready! So much easier and faster than when I was in labor with Jaydin (19 hours). A few pushes and he was out. Amazingly, with how big he was I felt awesome. The epidural wore off eventually and I didn't feel quite as awesome. I had quite a bit of bleeding and ended up having to get a shot with some not so great side effects. Luckily everything is fine and I feel MUCH better today. Easton has had some low blood sugar levels, but they are starting to come up and he's doing much better as well. We should be able to go home by tomorrow evening.

8 comments:

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Jamie he is absolutely HANDSOME! I am glad that baby and mommy are doing well, and that everything went well. Can't wait to see him! Welcome Home to a great home Easton, you'll never be more loved! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Dan, Heath, Sky and Harp said...

So excited and happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Kristen said...

he's so cute Jamie! Congratulations

Kalli and Derek said...

Oh he is so cute! I'm glad everything is ok. And I love the name by the way. LOL I think its pretty funny how we like similar names :) Kaden, Jaydin, and I picked Jace for this baby and I think that was one of your choices, and Easton was my second choice. LOL Glad I didn't go with it. :) Congrats again! I think he looks like you. I can't wait for mine, I'm jealous.

Jaime said...

That's a cute name! He's precious. The massive bruise on your arm doesn't make me look forward to my hospital trip in 3 months though. I'm glad everything went well. Congratulations!!

Jodi B. said...

Congrats! He is so cute and I too love the name Easton. Enjoy your newborn baby days!

Jodi B. said...

Congrats! He is so cute and I too love the name Easton. Enjoy your newborn baby days!

Bart Thompson said...

Glad to see pictures of the new baby. Hope all is going well. He is adorable.