Be prepared for lots of pictures. These last 2 weeks have flown by! I took Easton to his 2 week appointment today and he is doing awesome. He now weighs 9 lbs 13 oz (80th percentile) and is 21 1/2 inches long (79th percentile....I think they measured wrong though because he was 22 inches when he was born, I'm pretty sure he didn't shrink!). He is such a good baby and we have loved having him home. Jaydin told me yesterday "Mom, I'm sure glad your baby finally comed out." She loves him and is such a good helper. I think I have to tell her about 1,000 times a day to leave him alone. He's pretty good about just taking the abuse.
After 9 months of feeling completely exhausted and not leaving the house, I've gotten a little stir crazy and have just wanted to be OUT doing anything. Brady had this last week off so we were able to spend some quality family time together. One of our first outings after we got home from the hospital was the 4th of July. Easton was a little jaundiced so we had to start the morning off by going to LDS Hospital to get his blood drawn. I was hoping to be able to at least go to a parade or something, but with a 4 day old it just wasn't in the cards. While we were out and about at the hospital we decided to run over to Memory Grove to take pictures of the kids in their 4th of July outfits so they weren't a total waste. After that we just came home and relaxed for the rest of the day. (Squatting down taking pictures of kids 4 days after delivering a 9 pound baby is not smart, by the way...in case you were wondering.) We went out and did a couple sparklers and pop-its before we went to bed and that was the excitement of our day.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Jaydin has been wanting to go swimming so Brady finally gave in and took her to the pool. Easton and I hung out in the shade and watched. They lasted about 3 minutes in the pool before Jaydin decided it was too cold and she was done.

Notice her hair didn't even get wet yet.

This is how we roll.

We also took a drive out to Antelope Island. It was such a nice day! We packed a picnic and had lunch at the ranch, drove around, and took TONS of random pictures. Jaydin absolutely loved it. Any time we would say something about Antelope Island, she corrects us and says it's called Buffalo Island because we saw buffalo, not antelope. :) Funny kid.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Brady went back to work today, so now it's back to the grind of everyday life...which involves kissing these toes....

4 comments:
I love that picture of his feet! Darling!
what cute kids! looks like you have been busy...maybe you should take it easy, i mean, you did just have a baby!! ha ha...hope you are having fun with 2!!
Sounds like you've been able to get out and have some fun! I understand the restlessness and needing to get out! We miss you guys! I want more pictures!
Your blog looks great. Your photography is awesome. You need to teach me your awesome skills gosh!
Post a Comment