Thursday, October 1, 2009

We're alive

Blasted computers! So the day after I last posted (2 1/2 months ago!) my stupid laptop fried. We were finally able to get a new one and finally transfer thousands of pictures off my camera. First here's some updates on the kiddos (Brady and I are boring and nothing new is going on with either of us) and then I'll post loads of pictures of the last 2 1/2 months. Don't worry, this is the very condensed version of what's gone on.

Jaydin turned 3 on August 3rd. She loves being a big sister and has all of a sudden become such a big kid. Not only has she grown a few inches over the summer, she just acts big and uses big words lately. She is also pretty much completely potty trained now (finally!). She went through kind of a difficult phase right after she turned 3. She had gotten over the excitement of the baby and did the whole "pay attention to me" thing for a while, but she is doing much better now. She definitely keeps us entertained. She has several different imaginary friends that she plays with and she'll usually take a different one with us when we go places. She has such a good imagination.

Easton turned 3 months yesterday. He has grown and changed so much lately. He is such a good baby...he pretty much smiles, sleeps, and eats. He has been sleeping very good too, usually from about 8pm-5am so I can't really complain. He loves to sit up and look around...he hates it when someone is holding him and tries to hold him in a reclining position. He'll usually try to sit up by himself. He recently started noticing toys and loves to kick and play and sit in his Bumbo. When he was about a month old, he started rolling over (both back to tummy and tummy to back) but he hasn't really been doing it much lately. He also loves to give kisses. If you make kissy noises at him he'll give you a huge grin, open wide, and attack...usually with a long string of drool. He adores his big sister, but is also very wary of her (probably rightfully so).

Anyway, here's a very compact version of pictures from the last couple months.
Splash Park
I had been wanting to take Jaydin to a splash park so she could have fun in the water and I didn't have to get wet, so we went with some cousins to the one in South Ogden. Jaydin lasted about 2 minutes and didn't want to be wet anymore. I don't know what her deal is this summer but she has not liked the water after being such a fish last summer. Anyway, the other kids had fun at least.
Me, Easton, Grandma, and Aunt Julie kicked it in the shade while the kids played.
Camping
Brady's parents had a camping trip planned but since Brady couldn't get much time off work and I didn't want to take a 1 month old camping we decided not to go along. We did go up for an afternoon to visit and I decided that is the best form of camping. We got up there in the early afternoon and it was so nice to be able to just relax and take in some fresh mountain air, Brady was able to go fishing with the boys, Jaydin played with her cousin Ava and got really dirty, we had a yummy dutch oven dinner, roasted marshmellows and had s'mores, then we came home, showered, and slept in our own beds. It was pretty awesome.
Jaydin and Ava picked wildflowers for everyone. That kept them busy for a while. They also had fun collecting pine cones.
We weren't there long, but she was able to collect a good amount of dirt.
Easton dressed for the occasion. He spent most of the time just like this. He's kinda boring sometimes.
Jaydin's Birthday
We surprised Jaydin with a party at Chuck E. Cheese on her birthday. She is OBSESSED with Chuck E. Cheese (even though she'd never been there) and she looks for it every time we drive past it on the freeway (he is also one of her imaginary friends she plays with). As soon as we got off the freeway she knew where we were going and she was so excited! We had just planned for us to take her but then we decided to invite our families along so that was a lot of fun for her to be able to play with her cousins that were able to come. Thanks again to everyone!
Showing me how old she is.
She helped me make cupcakes. She had it all planned that she wanted pink cupcakes with blue frosting and Cinderella on top.
Lagoon
Brady's work had a Lagoon day so we were able to get in for free! He also works with my sister's husband so it was extra fun to get to go and hang out with their family. We had a blast.
The boys on Rattlesnake Rapids. Before.
After.

Brady won an Abby Cadabby for Jaydin playing darts. She was pretty excited.

Conner was such a good cousin to go on rides with Jaydin. She adores Conner.


Fairs, fairs, fairs...
Before this summer, I had never been to a fair (that I can remember) so I was determined to go to one this summer. We ended up going to 3. We went to the Salt Lake County fair, Weber County, and the State fair. Jaydin really liked seeing all the animals. Here are just a couple of the many pictures we took.
She got to brush a cow.

And feed goats.

And ride a pony.

Random

Labor Day weekend was pretty busy for the Thompson Family. On Saturday Brady's nephew Wyatt got baptised, then on Sunday we blessed Easton. We had such a fun weekend with family. Easton looked pretty handsome in his tux even though it was huge on him. I still need to take some better pictures of him in it before he grows out of it!

Easton visited Grandpa Great Womack for the first time.

I just had to throw this sad picture in. I hate when they have to get shots :(

Easton loves sitting in his Bumbo. And he loves being naked. That is one happy boy.

Every time I put him on the floor, within minutes Jaydin joins him. Notice his face is worried because he's not sure what she's going to do to him. Maybe it's also because of the pink blanket?

I just love that smile. And his chewy cheeks.

He was in the process of rolling over.
The end.
Congratulations if you made it all the way through, you deserve a prize.

10 comments:

Crazy Cains said...

Yeah, you are alive. I've missed all the crazy antics that Jaydin gets into. That Easton is one handsome guy. We need to get the kids together.

Kristen said...

Oh Jamie she looks so much like you it is crazy!

Me, Myself and I said...

Fun update. Glad your computer is back up, or that you got access to one. Love the picture of Easton's big grin.

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm so glad you finally updated! good to see those cute kids of yours!

Chamberlains said...

I love it! Glad your back. Also, I was reading Jaydin's comments on your other blog and Mark and I were bustin' a gut! She's hilarious. I LOVE her imagination!

Monica Child said...

That's good to see you're alive lol. Thanks for posting all the pics.

Keely said...

I'm glad you're back! It looks like you've had a fun productive summer! :)

Amee Campbell said...

Yippee...finally an update! You have such a cute little family!

Kalli and Derek said...

I was wondering how you were doing, I haven't posted forever either because my laptop quit working as well. Your kids are so cute, very cute pictures

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made it to the end - where the heck is my prize? I LOVE all your cute posts & pics of two of my favorite kids on earth - ok their mom and dad are ok too! Love you guys!!