I took Easton for his 4 month check up the other day. He had to get 3 shots and one vaccine by mouth. Why can't they all just be by mouth? He didn't mind that one, but he was NOT happy about the shots. Poor kid. The doctor also said that he could start on rice cereal and baby food whenever he is ready. Well he's been begging for our food pretty much for the last 2 months so we decided to try some rice cereal last night.
He was excited.
Until the spoon got to his mouth....then he wasn't too sure about it.
He seemed to like it a little better after he started to figure it out, but he still didn't really like it. So we'll try again another day. Probably just wants steak anyway.
Anyway, this next part is mostly for me...but here are his stats:
Height: 26 1/4 inches - 89th percentile
Weight: 16 pounds 13 ounces - 83rd percentile
Head: 95th percentile.
We (ok, mostly just me) were a little worried that he may have the same soft spot issues I had. The doctor said his soft spot is still real small but his head is definitely growing (went from 57% to 84% and now to 95%) so that's a good sign.
And some stuff about him--again, mostly just for me to remember this stage but if you care you can read it:
*He smiles pretty much most of the time. He is finally starting to laugh at me, which helps my self-esteem.
*He thinks burps and other bodily noises are hilarious. Boys really are born like that.
*He hates taking naps during the day. Maybe a couple 20 minute naps is all I can get out of this kid.
*But on the flip side, he sleeps through the night most nights.
*For a kid who doesn't nap, he is generally very happy and laid back and just goes with whatever is going on.
*He rolls all over. I keep forgetting and he has almost gone off the couch several times.
*He really wishes he could crawl, but he can't....yet.
*He is working on some creative moves to get to things he wants.
*He is terrified of his sister but at the same time he adores her. He is already starting to try to immitate little things she does....which scares me a little.
*He is starting to prefer his thumb over his binky.
*He melts my heart. I was terrified to have a boy, I'll admit it. But he is already so much fun, even if I can't put bows on his head...at least when his dad is home. Kidding.....kind of. :)
I've only done that once.
And Jaydin yelled at me.
So I did it again when she was napping.
Kidding. She doesn't nap.
No worries. I didn't take pictures so there would be no evidence it won't scar him for life.
(Halloween pics below)
2 comments:
I like the picture of his reaction to the food. Cute. And genuine.
Very cute, we will be trying the cereal thing in a couple weeks. I have to laugh about the bow thing, I still do that to Kaden just to make derek mad, LOL
Post a Comment