Hold on to your seats. Here is an update of our end of October activities.
The Saturday before Halloween we went over to Chad and Wendy's to have chili and then went over to the pumpkin walk. This is one of our fun traditions that we do every year. The kids (and sometimes adults) all dress up and we have a great time.
*
We had Holli and Matt over a few weeks before Halloween and we carved some pumpkins. We had a great night. Jaydin was more into it this year than she was last year. Those pumpkins didn't quite last until Halloween so we got some more right before Halloween and carved those too.
The first set of pumpkins
The second set of pumpkins
*
For FHE the week of Halloween we went to HeeHaw Farms in Pleasant Grove to get the second batch of pumpkins to carve from their pumpkin patch. I heard they had a bunch more activities for kids and it was cheaper than the place we went last year so we decided to try it out. We thought it was just so-so. The pumpkin patch was GROSS. You had to walk through rotting stinky sunflowers and rotting smashed pumpkins. In the very back of the patch they had a few pumpkins left for us to choose from. I was excited to get the traditional pumpkin patch pictures but I didn't even bother because it was just nasty. Then we found out the entrance price into the patch does not include the price of the pumpkin---like someone's just going to pay $5 just to walk around a pumpkin patch and not get pumpkins. Lame. So really the cost ended up being the exact same as Black Island Farms (where we went last year). But they did have a bunch of free activities that Jaydin had a ton of fun doing. Her favorite was the corn sandbox. She played in here for the longest time and I found corn stashed in all her pockets when we got home. She also got a pony ride, rode on an animal train, she got to pet lots of farm animals, go through the hay bale maze, and go down the huge slide. So it wasn't a total bust, we just know better for next year. Here's a slide show since I have so many pictures.
*
For Halloween, Jaydin wanted to be a witch so I got her costume all ready a while ago. She informed me she needed a hat, a broom, spiders, and a witch wand. Good thing for the dollar store and random stuff I already had in my craft stuff. Her costume came together quite easily. But I was having the hardest time deciding what to do for Easton. I had like 18 different ideas of what he could be. Finally I decided that every witch needs a flying monkey. I kept pushing this idea out of my head because I couldn't find a costume in baby sizes and thought it'd be too hard to make. Then one night I had an epiphany. Jaydin was a monkey her first Halloween so we still had that costume. I went out and dug through the storage closet at 11:30 PM and found it. Luckily it fit Easton (mostly)! I made a quick sketch of how I would make a vest and hat and the next morning I ran to Joann's to get supplies. They just happened to have their fleece 60% off. So I spent like $3 and still have half of the fleece left over for something else. Score! I made some wings from a hanger and some nylons and viola! Easy and cheap and cute. Just how I like things.
Here's a better view of the vest and wings (the wings had velcro so they could be taken off easily to fit in his carseat. Very convenient.)
*
Halloween day we went up to my mom's house a little early so I could take pictures of Karie's little boy Isaac who is just 3 days younger than Easton. We got some pictures of the boys together and they turned out so cute!
*
After the pictures we had a pizza party at my mom's then got the kids in their costumes and went trick-or-treating just a little bit around her neighborhood. Then we went over to Nana and Papa's to show them the kids in their costumes. We left there and both kids passed out in the car. We got home and put them in bed then Brady and I stayed up and watched scary movies. Good times.
All the other kids were standing nicely for the picture, but Jaydin of course was off in her own world. We told her to go stand next to the car.....so in true Jaydin fashion she jumped on the hood. We had to remind her she's not in a White Snake video and eventually she stood NEXT to the car.
The end. I hope every one else is enjoying this time of year as well.











2 comments:
You are amazing! The costumes are awesome, you are so creative.
You are so freakin' creative! Share some creative powers with me girl!
Post a Comment